UPDATE - As of March 24, 2021, The following businesses/programs that provide care and supervision for children of all ages are allowed to operate in strict compliance with the state’s guidance for the orange tier, so long as they complete a Site-Specific Protection Plan with the reopening guidelines provided below:
Sports teams must report positive COVID-19 cases to Marin County Public Health:
- School sports teams should report to COVID19schools@marincounty.org.
- Private and recreational sports should report to COVID19commerce@marincounty.org.
Sports teams must be able to identify and notify all close contacts of sport related COVID-19 exposure, including travel to and from sporting events.
On April 6, 2021 CDPH issued updated guidance for youth and adult recreational sports. These revised guidelines apply to all organized youth sports – including school programs, community sponsored programs, as well as privately organized programs and leagues - and reflect the following:
- Spectators and observers are permitted pursuant to Outdoor Seated Live Events and Performances.
- It should be noted that limitations still exist for Indoor Sports until such time as Indoor Seated Live Events and Performances goes into effect.
- Inter-team competitions, meets, races, or similar events are permitted to occur only with other teams within the state.
- This removes the limitation for cross-county competitions with only those that share a border.
See below for guidance on Youth Sports, or review CDPH's "Frequently Asked Questions" document related to Youth Sports.
Childcare Establishments and Youth Programs are permitted to operate consistent with State of California Guidance to create a safer environment for staff, children and youth.
- Child Care Facilities should follow:
- Youth Sports should follow: