As of 1/25/21 The Regional State Home Order has been lifted.
UPDATE - As of March 24, 2021, Marin County will enter Tier 3 - Moderate ("orange") of the State Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
The following businesses and activities can proceed in Marin County:
Allowed to operate indoors with modifications:
- Card rooms, at 25% capacity
- Cultural ceremonies, at 50% capacity, or 200 people, whichever is fewer.
- Family Entertainment Centers, may operate indoors for naturally distanced activities at maximum 25% capacity
- Gyms and fitness/dance/yoga studios at 25% capacity
- Indoor pools may open
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Hotels, motels and short-term lodging
- Limited services (Carwashes, Dry Cleaners, Electricians, Handypersons/general contractors, HVAC services, Landscapers, Laundromats, Pet Groomers, Plumbing services, Janitorial/cleaning services)
- Personal services (Nail Salons, Estheticians, Massage studios, Tattoo parlors, Piercing shops)
- Places of worship, at 50% capacity
- Restaurants, indoor dining permitted at 50% capacity, or 200 people, whichever is fewer
- Retail stores and malls
- Common areas must remain closed
- Food courts may operate at a reduced capacity according to tier level. (Please see Restaurants.)
- Wineries, Breweries, and Distilleries, may operateindoors at 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer
Allowed to operate outdoors with modification:
- Campgrounds and playgrounds
- Day camps
- Drive-in movie theaters
- Farmers markets
- Youth and adult recreational athletics (Updated State guidance goes into effect February 26, 2021)
- Small private gatherings
- Masks and physical distancing required
- No more than three separate households attend (including the host’s)
- Gatherings should be two hours or less
- Those with symptoms must not attend
- Those at high risk of severe illness strongly encouraged not to attend
- Singing, shouting, chanting, cheering, or exercising strongly discouraged
A full list of changes to business sector guidelines have been updated to the Marin Recovers website. All open businesses must have completed a COVID-19 Site-Specific Protection Plan. Guidance for the plan and a template also is found on the Marin Recovers website.