Under the current Short Term Rental Order, short term lodging facilities, that are renting for less than 30 days -- such as hotels, motels, vacation rentals or other rentals -- are only allowed to operate to lodge various populations including:
- Homeless population
- County residents who need to isolate
- Individuals in support of certain essential operations (e.g., nurses)
- Lodging for County residents facing displacement from their primary residence due to safety, sanitation or habitability issues, as well as the hotel may operate to maintain minimum basic operations.
Restrictions on short term rentals will remain in place while essential travel restrictions defined in the Shelter In Place order also remain in effect. We do not anticipate being able to safely reopen hotels and short term rentals until non-essential travel is allowed once again, which may not happen until later this year. Industry working groups are currently meeting to review and recommend protocols for reopening hotels, motels and other hospitality -related businesses.
For more detailed information, please review the Short Term Rental Order.
Industry working groups are currently meeting to review and recommend protocols for reopening hotels, motels and other hospitality -related businesses.
In the interim, please sign up to receive notifications when business protocols and other information about business reopening is available.
Questions? Contact us.
- Gabriella Calicchio, Director, Marin County Department of Cultural Services.
- Christine Bohlke, Marin Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Sam Pahlavan, Courtyard by Marriott
- Shawn Milburn, Embassy Suites
- Michelle Duffy, Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn
- Fernando Arizaga, Inn Marin
- Willie McDevitt, Inn Above Tide
- Brendan Carlin, Cavallo Point
- Justin Flake, Acqua Hotel, Mill Valley Inn
- Juli Vieira, Sausalito Chamber of Commerce
Short Term Rentals Sub-Group Members:
- Steven Rubin, Willow Camp Properties, LLC
- Wendy Donner, Stinson Beach Cottages
- Michael Goebel, Dillon Beach Resort
- Ben Smith, Dillon Beach Resort
- Terry Donohue, Bolinas Realty