POSTPONED: Reopening plans for Hotels, Motels, Short Term Rentals are on hold, due to increased COVID-19 activity within Marin County. These businesses should continue to comply with the Short Term Rental Order (e.g., not resume business operations for tourism purposes) until the order is rescinded. Please monitor the reopening status page for projected reopening dates.
Under the current Short Term Rental Order, short term lodging facilities, that are renting for less than 30 days -- such as hotels, motels, vacation rentals or other rentals -- are only allowed to operate to lodge various populations including:
- Homeless population
- County residents who need to isolate
- Individuals in support of certain essential operations (e.g., nurses)
- Lodging for County residents facing displacement from their primary residence due to safety, sanitation or habitability issues, as well as the hotel may operate to maintain minimum basic operations.
For more detailed information, please review the Short Term Rental Order.
Beginning June 29, Campgrounds and recreational vehicle (RV) parks will be allowed to proceed under the shelter in place order, following the reopening guidelines listed on this page.
Each hotel, motel or short term lodging -type business must create, adopt, and implement a written COVID-19 Site-Specific Protection Plan that incorporates and addresses all applicable Best Practices included below.
Please sign up to receive notifications when business protocols and other information about business reopening is available.
Questions? Contact us.
- Gabriella Calicchio, Director, Marin County Department of Cultural Services.
- Christine Bohlke, Marin Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Sam Pahlavan, Courtyard by Marriott
- Shawn Milburn, Embassy Suites
- Michelle Duffy, Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn
- Fernando Arizaga, Inn Marin
- Willie McDevitt, Inn Above Tide
- Brendan Carlin, Cavallo Point
- Justin Flake, Acqua Hotel, Mill Valley Inn
- Juli Vieira, Sausalito Chamber of Commerce
Short Term Rentals Sub-Group Members:
- Steven Rubin, Willow Camp Properties, LLC
- Wendy Donner, Stinson Beach Cottages
- Michael Goebel, Dillon Beach Resort
- Ben Smith, Dillon Beach Resort
- Terry Donohue, Bolinas Realty