Events and performances
As of June 15, 2021, the Governor terminated the executive orders that put into place the Stay Home Order and the Blueprint for a Safer Economy. The new public health order effective June 15 supersedes all prior health orders and has limited restrictions.
The restrictions related to gatherings now apply only to mega-events.
Mega-events are indoor events with 5,000 or more people and outdoor events with 10,000 or more people. This includes events like:
- Conventions, conferences, and expos
- Concerts, shows, and nightclubs
- Sporting events
- Live events and entertainment
- Fairs, festivals, and parades
- Theme parks, amusement parks, and water parks
- Large private events or gatherings
- Large races, marathons, and endurance events
- Car shows
For indoor events with 5,000 or more people, attendees must confirm proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 status in order to attend.
For outdoor events with 10,000 or more people, it is recommended that attendees confirm proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 status in order to attend.
All attendees must follow CDPH’s Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings. These public health requirements and recommendations will be reviewed and reevaluated no later than September 1, 2021.