COVID-19 Marin County Hotline: (415) 473-7191
Report Fraud and Price Gouging
If you believe you have been the victim of unlawful price gouging or have information about potential unlawful price gouging, you are asked to do any of the following:
- Call the Marin District Attorney's Office consumer protection unit at (415) 473-6495 (English) or (415) ds473-6188 (Spanish).
- Details of the complaint may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or a report may be made with a local law enforcement agency.
Important information to include in any report is:
- A description or name of the good or service;
- The name of the person or business selling the good or service;
- The price paid or currently being charged; and
- Any information about the price of the good or service prior to March 4.
Report Business Violations of Public Health Order
We know this is a challenging time. Those wishing to report potential Public Health Order violations by a business may send an email to report. Visit Marin Recovers Status for information on business openings, guidelines and the current health Order for information on face covering requirements, shelter-in-place and more. Please do not call 911 unless you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency.
Keep in mind that the goal of the Order is to educate and keep our community safe. While violations of the Public Health Order are misdemeanors, making arrests continues to remain a measure of last resort for local law enforcement. It will only be considered after all education and voluntary compliance efforts have failed. Be a role model and follow the order while encouraging others to do the same. If you see a business out of compliance, you can speak directly to the owner, and offer the link or a copy of the COVID-19 Site-Specific Protection Plan as well as information about the Marin Recovers website. We’re all in this together and we all need to do our part.
Disaster Distress Helpline
A 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster. Call 1 (800) 985-5990 or text "TalkWithUs" to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.