The County's COVID-19 phone hotline has transitioned back to Marin County Fire Department's hotline, effective June 30, 2021.
For live phone support contact the California COVID-19 Hotline at 1-833-422-4255.
Disaster Distress Helpline
A 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster. Call 1 (800) 985-5990 or text "TalkWithUs" to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
Report Fraud and Price Gouging
If you believe you have been the victim of unlawful price gouging or have information about potential unlawful price gouging, you are asked to do any of the following:
- Call the Marin District Attorney's Office consumer protection unit at (415) 473-6495 (English) or (415) ds473-6188 (Spanish).
- Details of the complaint may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or a report may be made with a local law enforcement agency.
Important information to include in any report is:
- A description or name of the good or service;
- The name of the person or business selling the good or service;
- The price paid or currently being charged; and
- Any information about the price of the good or service prior to March 4, 2020.