Marin’s status on the Blueprint for a Safer Economy means Retail-related businesses can operate indoors and outdoors, with modifications. Examples of retail-type businesses that can operate include:
- Clothing and shoe stores
- Convenience stores
- Farmers Markets
- Gas Stations
- Grocery Stores
- Home and furnishing stores
- Jewelry Stores
- Sporting goods stores
Shopping Malls may operate indoors. Common areas will continue to remain closed and food courts must function in a reduced capacity. (See Restaurants).
Open Air Shopping Shopping Centers (e.g., Outdoor Swap Meets) are allowed to operate under the guidelines noted below so long as vendors space tables, tents, and other displays are in accordance with appropriate physical distancing requirements or ensure other impermeable barriers are in place.
Each retailer must create, adopt, and implement a written COVID-19 Site-Specific Protection Plan (SPP) prior to reopening. The SPP template combines state-level guidance published in the California State Resilience Roadmap and local Marin County public health policies.
- Retailers should follow the state guidelines for Retailers to create a safer environment for workers and customers.
- Shopping Centers & Open Air Shopping Centers should follow the state guidelines for Shopping Centers, Strip Malls and Swap Meets to create a safer environment for workers and patrons.
- Guidance for shopping centers, destination shopping centers, strip and outlet malls, and swap meets (English)
- Siga esta guía para centros comerciales, centros comerciales considerados puntos turísticos, centros comerciales abiertos y outlets, y ferias de intercambios (Español)
- Tuân thủ hướng dẫn này dành cho các trung tâm mua sắm, điểm đến mua sắm, trung tâm mua sắm nhỏ hơn nằm ngoài thành phố (Tiếng Việt)
- Mall / Shopping Center Food Court Vendors should follow the state guidelines for Restaurants to create a safer environment for workers and customers.
- Follow this guidance for take-out restaurants, outdoor dining, or dine-in restaurants. (English)
- Siga esta guía para restaurantes que ofrecen comida para llevar, comida al aire libre, restaurantes tradicionales. (Español)
- Tuân thủ hướng dẫn này dành cho các nhà hàng cung cấp dịch vụ mua mang đi, vụ ăn uống ngoài trời, hoặc là nhà hàng ăn uống tại chỗ. (Tiếng Việt)
- Libraries should follow the state guidance for Retailers. The State Library has also released guidance for the re-opening of libraries for in-person services. See the State Library’s COVID-19 website for more information. Find resources for public libraries by the California Library Association and the State Library.
Incorporate the appropriate industry specific guidelines from the state guidance linked above into the “Business Specific Best Practices” section of your SPP. When complete, post the SPP in your workplace to show customers and employees that you've reduced the risk of COVID-19 and are open for business.