Marin’s status on the Blueprint for a Safer Economy means the following Restaurant-related businesses can operate, with modifications:
- Restaurants (Dine-In) – maximum of 50% capacity or 200 people, whichever is fewer
- Restaurants (Outdoor, Takeout, Delivery)
- Wineries - can operate indoors with modifications, including maximum 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer
- Bars, Breweries & Distilleries – outdoor only with modifications
Each business must create, adopt and implement a Site Specific Protection Plan (SPP) prior to reopening. The SPP template combines state-level guidance published in the California State Resilience Roadmap and local Marin County public health policies.
Please follow the state guidance provided below as it applies to your establishment:
- Indoor Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Follow this guidance for restaurants providing outdoor dining (English)
- Siga esta guía para restaurantes que ofrecen comida al aire libre, para llevar, en el coche y con entrega a domicilio. (Español)
- Tuân thủ hướng dẫn này dành cho các nhà hàng cung cấp dịch vụ ăn uống ngoài trời, mua mang đi, mua hàng trên xe và giao hàng (Tiếng Việt)
- Take-away & Delivery
- Follow this guidance for restaurants providing drive-through, take out and delivery only (English)
- Siga esta guía para restaurantes que ofrecen comida para llevar, en el coche y con entrega a domicilio. (Español)
- Tuân thủ hướng dẫn này dành cho các nhà hàng cung cấp dịch vụ mua mang đi, mua hàng trên xe và giao hàng (Tiếng Việt)
- Restaurants, Wineries, and Bars
Incorporate the appropriate industry specific guidelines from the state guidance linked above into the “Business Specific Best Practices” section of your SPP.
Add your restaurant status to the Open Restaurant Map!
To make it easier for people to find what restaurants are open (inspired by a similar effort in the Puget Sound area), the City of San Rafael created a map where Marin County restaurants can add their location, website, open hours, and whether they are open for pickup / delivery / outdoor / indoor dining. Restaurants have full control to edit their listings themselves on the map so they can update any incorrect or outdated info.