Effective September 15, 2020, due to the County’s placement in the red tier on the Blueprint for a Safer Economy, indoor office spaces for non-essential sectors remain unable to operate.
Non-essential businesses are restricted from allowing customer/client access at their place(s) of business until further notice. All businesses may continue operations consisting exclusively of owners, personnel, volunteers, or contractors performing activities at their own residences (i.e., working from home). All businesses are encouraged to maximize the number of personnel who work from home.
These offices may continue to engage in minimum basic operations, as specified in the May 15, 2020 Shelter-in-Place Order and remote work. The State’s list of essential sectors was updated on September 8, 2020. Office spaces for essential sectors may continue to operate, in strict compliance with the State Guidance.
General office spaces are defined as locations used as a place for commercial or professional work.
"Minimum Basic Operations" means the following activities for businesses, provided that owners, personnel, and contractors comply with social distancing requirements, to the extent possible, while carrying out such operations:
- The minimum necessary activities to maintain and protect the value of the business’s inventory and facilities; ensure security, safety, and sanitation; process payroll and employee benefits; provide for the delivery of existing inventory directly to residences or businesses; and related functions. For clarity, this section does not permit businesses to provide curbside pickup to customers.
- The minimum necessary activities to facilitate owners, personnel, and contractors of the business being able to continue to work remotely from their residences, and to ensure that the business can deliver its service remotely.
Each business must create, adopt and implement a Site Specific Protection Plan (SPP) prior to reopening. The SPP template combines state-level guidance published in the California State Resilience Roadmap and local Marin County public health policies.
Please follow the state guidance provided below as it applies to your establishment to create a safer environment for workers.
- Office Workspaces (English)
- Guía para espacios de oficinas para trabajar (Español)
- Hướng dẫn dành cho các không gian văn phòng làm việc (Tiếng Việt)
Incorporate the industry specific guidelines from the state guidance linked above into the “Business Specific Best Practices” section of your SPP.